Road trip part 2
We have been on the road for week now. So far we have been to Nashville, Memphis, Fort Smith, Amarillo, Santa Fe, Scottsdale and Los Angeles. We have stayed in Residence Inns, Courtyard by Marriott, a Hilton resort and now, the Ritz Carlton and I have learned a few things.
1) Residence Inns are awesome. They are slightly upscale, but with fill kitchens. The rooms are generously sized and always clean.
2) I don’t like Courtyard by Marriott, with the exception of the one in Fort Smith, which was an exceptionally nice one.
3) I am not crazy about springhill suites either.
4) The 2 bedroom villas at the Hilton Scottsdale resort and spa are the bomb. It is almost like staying in a home. They have a gated entrance, private pool just for the villa and full kitchens. Without question, it is my favorite place to stay.
5) The Ritz-Carlton in downtown Los Angeles is amazing. The service is impeccable, and I was offered Prosecco when we checked in. The view from our room on the 25th floor is stupendous. The pool area on the 26th floor rooftop is beautiful with incredible views and very comfortable lounge chairs.
So far, this road trip has been great. Some long drives, but some good family time too. My recommendation if you do a road trip- bring your own games. We brought two board games, a travel corn hole set and UNO. It breaks up the monotony when you stop in hotels and gives the kids something to do other than just sit on their phones.
Stay tuned for my next post…